Our knowledge of demographics and trends has been massively enlarged thanks to the countless studies, research projects, and data collection on millennials (those born approximately 1980 to 1995). As grateful as we are for all that millennial insight, a new wave is rolling onto the demographics landscape. Move over, millennials! Here comes Generation Z (those born in or after 1996).
As with every generation, Generation Z will bring its own unique influence to all aspects of how we live, do business, and function in the exciting future that awaits us. Due to Generation Z’s unique characteristics, companies and organizations that want to connect with them must tailor their marketing approaches. Based on research by the new agency, “sparks & honey,” Erik Oster, writing for Adweek, shares seven excellent tips to reach Generation Z:
- Communicate visually to a diverse audience across screens.
- Keep it short (think “snackable content”).
- Feed curiosity. Tap into an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Empower users with control over preference settings.
- Connect viewers with collaboration and live-streaming technology.
- Inspire audiences with social causes to rally behind.
- Educate and build expertise.
The companies and organizations that use these tips will enjoy greater success in reaching Generation Z. The companies and organizations that ignore these tips will enjoy much less success in reaching Generation Z. Where do you want to be?